Overland Trucks

It is currently Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 97 XJ 4X4
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:19 pm 
Needs a Life

Feeler Thread, On the fence about selling my XJ, posting to see if there is any interest. This is a great entry vehicle for someone looking to hit the trails and have some fun.

1997 XJ 4X4 4.0 with automatic tranny.
For the most part the Heep is stock, runs great, starts on the first crank every time. Has about 160 K miles on it. I drive it to Arizona every year, very reliable and I take it all over.

If you are familiar with Barnwell it will run any 3 diamond out there and some 4's.

The body has the usual dings and scratches, rear passenger area is dinged pretty good.

Upgrades from Stock:
4 core radiator
rear bumper
frame I put under the Heep. (4'X4' square tube, cut into a U and then welded in from front Control arm to rear leaf spring.
Upgraded to ZJ Draglink and Tie Rod Ends.
I just made the front doors removable

The axles:
Front: Dana 30 with 3:55 gears and a powertrax no slip locker, have carbon metallic brake pads. (Have a spare axle for each side with brand new u-joints and hubs already attached (means just remove tire, caliper and 3 bolts and you are fixed)
Rear: Chrysler 8.25 29 spline 3:55 gears, Powertrax no slip locker. (Have 2 spare axles in case one breaks)
I LOVE the NoSlip lockers.... never make a sound and always work like a charm.... will be putting them in my next rear axle.

I have the Rock Krawler XJ 4.5 TRIPLE THREAT SHORT ARM SYSTEM, added rear greasable shackles and drop brackets.
http://www.rockkrawler.com Came with shocks which are not pictured

Have 5 33X12.50 BFG MT's 2 are brand new, 2 are 95% new and one is 60% They are on steel / chrome rims.
Have 4 31X10.50 BFG AT's They are all in good shape and have about 70%

I'm sure I'm forgetting several details so please post with questions.
I'm happy to disclose any info you may want / need about it. I'm not trying to pull anything over on anyone. I will keep it if I don't get the right price for it.
I'm asking $5800 with the extra axles and tires / rims.

Please post or PM me with e-mail addresses and I can send you some pics... let me know what you want pics of.
For now, he's a link to a picture.
Arizona Run
Arizona Run
Front End

My Heep, It's like a big sneeze during a really good piss!
Breasts are great!! After all, you can't motorboat a personality.
Why do they call it an asteroid when it's outside the hemisphere, but call it a hemorrhoid when it's in your butt?

Profile E-mail